Desert Knight CDL School logo - Sparks, NV USA


Commercial Truck Driving School

Sparks, NV USA

COVID-19: We here at Desert Knight CDL School are mindful of the current conditions created due to the Coronavirus pandemic. With that said, we’re open & happily providing instructions to students. After all, it is imperative that during these unprecedented times, we provide quality truck drivers to transport and deliver goods to our communities.

Please know we are following current social distancing & sanitization routines to keep everyone in our school safe.

Begin By Filling Out Your New Student Application

Bring Proof of Passing for Your Recent Drug Test

Bring Your Current and Active Drivers License

Bring Your Current and Active D.O.T Medical Card

Bring Your Current & Active CDL Permit

Please Note:

You must have a current Nevada driver’s license in order to sign up for classes and to enter our courses.
Once you have completed your courses, your CDL certification allows you to drive all over the United States, but YOU MUST HAVE a CURRENT NEVADA license to take all CDL training classes at Desert Knight CDL School. After all, you’ll be driving, right?

ELDT Entry-Level Driver Training

Entry-Level Driver Training Requirements for CDL Applicants

The new Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) regulations require that all entry-level drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) receive training from a provider listed on FMCSA’s Training Provider Registry.

Beginning February 7, 2022, to be eligible to take required skills or knowledge tests, commercial driver’s license (CDL) applicants must have completed applicable entry-level driver training from a registered training provider.

Use the scenario chart below to determine if you are required to complete entry-level driver training:

Desert Knight CDL School If Then List

The ELDT regulations do not apply to individuals not required to have a CDL as outlined in 49 CFR part 383, or for whom the state has waived the CDL skills test.

Important notes to meet the ELDT requirements:

Do I need to complete training with a registered training provider?
Entry-level drivers must select a training provider that is listed on the Training Provider Registry. Only registered training providers will be able to submit certification of a driver’s completion of entry-level driver training to the Training Provider Registry.

When am I eligible to take my CDL skills or knowledge test?
Training must be completed before taking a CDL skills test or if the driver is applying for the H endorsement, the knowledge test.

Ready to start an exciting
new chapter in your life?

Contact us

Feel free to reach us if you need any assistance

Main Office Address

1080 Linda Way Suite #3
Sparks, NV 89431

Skills Pad Address

1350 N. Wells Ave.
Reno, NV 89431


(775) 331-9231
(775) 400-9453

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday: 9AM-6PM
Saturday: 9AM-12PM
Sunday: Closed